Not to be out down by their American counterparts, the Caribbean talent is ready to show what they’ve got in the world of fashion, on TVJ’s hottest and most exciting new reality series, Mission Catwalk.
“Mission Catwalk is aimed at discovering and developing talented local fashion designers for the international market. This production will highlight the wealth of creativity in Jamaica and nurture the talents of the contestants through numerous challenges and exercises geared at identifying and honing a range of creative skills and abilities.”
The show will be hosted by Keneea Linton-George and is set at the brand Fashion Department at the Edna Manley College. It will last 13 weeks with one contestant being eliminated each week by a panel of judges. The series will culminate with two designers battling in Miami for the ultimate title of top designer at Miami Fashion week.
In addition to local and international exposure, the winner of the competition will receive the following prizes:
1. An opportunity to show a collection at the Miami International Fashion Week 2011.
2. JMD$250,000.00 funding to produce their own clothing line.
3. A fashion spread in SHE Caribbean Magazine.
4. Contract to sell designs at Ammar’s clothing stores.
5. Buyers meeting with local and international buyers.
6. Scholarship for further studies in fashion at Edna Manley College.
7. Industrial equipment valued at JMD$200,000.00 to set up a production studio.
8. Internship with an international design house.
CAST AND CREW:
Host / Exec Producer: Keneea Linton-George
Mentor: Sandra Kennedy
Judges: Novia McDonald-Whyte
Guest Judges: Kimberley Mais, Juliet Dyke-Cribbin, Romai Gordon, Yendi Phillips, Lubica Slovak, Biggie, Ann-Dawn Young-Sang, Miss Kittie, Nada Abuzaid, Marvin Bartley, Beth Sobol.
Contestants: Ayanna Dixon, Andre Rowe, Audrey Grace, Derrick Stewart, Shenna Carby, Andre Shirley, Franchesta Christie, Felecia Drummond, Ramona Mclean, Terry-Ann Smellie, Rania Viero. Opal Wisdom, Nakisha Wynter.
Mission Catwalk airs on Tuesday nights at 8:30PM on TVJ and repeats Thursdays at 11:30PM.