Hello, you were probably wondering when I was going to do a feature on the ladies, right?
Well wait no longer!
This week Shemmy’s List features 5 Beautiful and Talented Caribbean Female Artistes under 30.
See if your favorite Caribbean diva made the list below:
1. Timeka Marshall is a Guyanese songstress born on February 14, 1989. Timeka rose to stardom after winning the first ever GT&T Jingle Competition in 2005 and has been making headlines ever since. She has sang with big names such as Gramps Morgan, Beenie Man, Busy Signal, Skinny Fabulous and Kes The Band, just to name a few. She’s famous for her hits such as ‘Whining Pro’, ‘One More Day’, ‘Nothing at all’ and ‘All Night Long.’ Her latest tracks include ‘Eyes on you’, ‘How many more,’ ‘Si How Mi Hot,’ and ‘Waiting for You.’ To learn more about Timeka follow her on twitter at @timekamarshall.
2. Etana, 29, was born Shauna McKenzie. She is one of Jamaica’s leading female reggae artistes and musicians. Etana burst unto the scene because of her affiliation with Richie Spice; she was one of his backup singers. Etana is known for her rich vocals, her ability to play the guitar and her hits such as ‘Wrong Address,’ ‘Roots,’ ‘August Town,’ ‘Free,’ and ‘Happy Heart.’ Etana sings about her experiences and real life occurrences. Follow her on twitter at @EtanaStrongOne
3. Jamaican reggae-fusion singer and songwriter, Tessanne Chin, was born into a musical family. Her parents were both in a band and her older sister, Tami Chynn, is also a reggae singer. Twenty-six year old Tessanne has had the privilege to open for famous acts such as Patti Labelle, Peabo Bryson and Gladys Knight and was fortunate enough to tour for 3 years with Jimmy Cliff. Her biggest hit ‘Hideaway’ has garnered her international recognition and popularity. Tessanne has collaborated with fellow Jamaican artist Shaggy on the single ‘Never Let Go’, Kes the band on ‘Loving You’ and was featured in a track; by the Legendary Jamaican band Third World, titled ‘By My Side’.
4. Trinidad and Tobago soca sensation, Patrice Roberts now performs with the renowned Machel Montano HD Band. Patrice was noticed in 2005 for a hit collaboration ‘The Islands’ alongside cousin, Bunji Garlin. Patrice has been singing from a very tender age. Her greatest achievement to date is winning the 2006 Road March competition with the song ‘Band of the Year’ sung with Machel Montano. Some of her hits and collabos include ‘I am Soca’, ‘Temper Wine’, ‘Slow Wine’, ‘Sugar Boy’, ‘Single to Mingle’ and many more. Follow Patrice on Twitter at @PatriceRMusic
5. Shontelle (Layne, 26, is a Barbadian singer and songwriter receiving lots of international recognition for her talent. Shontelle is famous for her singles ‘Impossible’ and ‘T-Shirt’, which was featured on the US Billboard Hot 100 Charts. She has worked with acts such as Rihanna, Akon, Pitbull, Beenie Man, Asher Roth, J-Status, Collie Buddz, and Timati. Shontelle was also the host of My Prom Style! and Universal Motown’s 2009 Ultimate Prom fashion reality series. She has two albums ‘Shontelligence’ and ‘No Gravity’. Shontelle came on the music scene in 2008 and has been making headway ever since. She even wrote Alison Hinds monster hit, Roll It Gal.
Hope you enjoyed, see you next week!